Personal training can sometimes be seen as a costly expensive way to get healthy, fit and to look good, which is a common misconception – it is so much more. Here at Core Physio, personal training and fitness are much more than a process to make you look good. What we offer in terms of your allover well-being is so much more than the physical look of your body.
If you’re deciding whether or not to take the plunge, we have a few reasons that you might want to consider. The service of a personal fitness consultant offers more than just a couple of exercises on a rowing machine whilst they shout at you what you’re doing wrong. They can help you reach your fitness goals, exercise safely with a chronic injury and help reduce the risk of re-injury.
Mental benefits Of Personal Training & Fitness
The mental benefits of having a personal fitness consultant are never usually mentioned to you or at the forefront of any mainstream marketing or fitness promotion. Your mental health is just as important as your physical, for example, stress can induce pain so by participating in a controlled fitness regime you can reduce the chances of being stressed. Here are more benefits:
- It can reduce feelings of depression and anxiety
- Improves your self-image
- With a healthier lifestyle, you have a greater resistance to fatigue
- You will find it easier to relax and sleep due to less tension in your body
- Increases productivity in the workplace
Physical benefits of Personal Training & Fitness
Alongside the mental benefits, there are also many physical upsides to it. With many serious health problems reversed by exercising for weight loss, more below:
- Participating in daily exercise you can reduce the risk of cancer specifically colon, breast, bowel, womb and post-menopausal.
- Excess body weight loss
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- Less chance of developing high blood pressure
- Increase in muscle strength
- Improves coordination, balance and reflexes
Quality of life benefits
Alongside your mental and physical well-being boost with personal training and fitness, your quality of life will improve which will ultimately be good for your personal and work life, helping you with productivity throughout the day.
- It promotes a longer, healthier life
- Improves mobility and balance
- It improves your mood
- Your energy levels increase
- Improves the ability to have a better sleep
- Improves concentration
What Core Physio Can Do for You
We’ve told you what the benefits of personal fitness and training can do for your health and well-being, but now you need a place to start! If you would like the support we can provide outlined below then get in touch.
- The gym environment can be intimidating if you’ve never been before or don’t know what you’re doing, but by working with a trainer you will become confident with how to perform the exercises given to you and machines available.
- A large majority of us work harder when there is someone watching us. It is no different to having a trainer by your side, but the only difference is they will be encouraging you. This then gives you the motivation to do your work, hobby or activity to the max due to having an increase in motivation.
- Sometimes fitness can be confusing especially if it’s new to you. There is chat about all these different eating habits, times to work out and what workout to do. Your trainer can help with all this helping you become consistent in what you do.
- Confidence and self-esteem are probably the two main reasons as to why people decide to get a personal trainer, they want to look good and feel good. Being out of shape or not happy with ourselves can affect our capabilities, self-esteem and confidence.
Our programme is available from Hamilton, Bothwell and Glasgow centres.