Sports Injury Clinic
Sports Injury Clinic – Specialist Rehabilitation Clinic
Our Sports Injury Clinic is complimented by our physiotherapy and also our diagnostic service.
Core Physio also provides a fantastic rehabilitation centre for sports injuries.
Whether you are a professional sportsperson or a sports enthusiast of any age. Whether it’s an acute or chronic injury. We understand your goal is to return to fitness.
Suffering from a sports injury? Want access to the best sports injury clinic, physio and rehabilitation available?
A Vital Factor in The Successful Treatment of Sports Injuries. Getting You Back to Full Fitness. Prompt Assessment and Diagnosis of The Problem expedites your recovery.
Put yourself in our expert hands - Sports Injury Clinic
At your first appointment, you will be assessed in clinic by a specialist sports injury physiotherapist or sports injury clinic therapist. Our experienced teams are all experts in their fields.
- Boasting more than 30 years of combined experience.
- We also work with elite sports clubs.
- Including Premier League Football, national rugby, elite Scottish and British athletes, also world-class golfers too.
- The team also boasts specialists in numerous areas including shoulders, elbows, upper limbs, hips, and also knees.
- At Core, we use our expertise to not only offer the best treatment available for your injury.
- We also evaluate the underlying causes of injury in order to help prevent future problems too.
We can offer you advice on the prevention of sports injuries.
Warm-up and muscle training specific to your sport. Muscle imbalance and overuse, and also a biomechanical assessment.
In the sports injury clinic, we also have diagnostic ultrasound services to enhance quick diagnosis of sports injuries and also joint problems.
If you need further treatment, we can also provide a fast referral to our orthopaedic surgeons who are also on-site.
Our rehabilitation suite also boasts our Alter-G Anti Gravity Treadmill for rehab after injury or surgery.
All our physiotherapists are also members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of an integrated team.
Your Sports Injury will also benefit from
- Consultation with a leading sports injury physiotherapist
- Fast access to treatment and commencing rehabilitation
- Access to referrals for MRI scanning or in-house ultrasound
- Access to a team of orthopaedic surgeons also specialising in sports injuries
- As well as cutting edge rehabilitation facilities and equipment
At Core Physio Sports Injury Clinic we treat many Sports injuries including:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Shoulder problems
- Tennis/golfers elbow
Please contact our team today for further details on our sports injury assessments and rehabilitation programmes.
Also available at our clinics in Hamilton, Lanarkshire and Bothwell, Glasgow.
Sports injuries are different to normal day-to-day injuries. The demands of sport on the body are higher than everyday activities such as walking. This places more pressure on the joints. Also ligaments, muscles and tendons and can make them prone to injury.
The term ‘sports physiotherapist’ is not a protected title in the UK, unlike in Australia for example. This means that any physiotherapist in the UK can call themselves a ‘sports physiotherapist’. It is essential that if someone wants to see a sports physiotherapist that the physiotherapist has the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience.
SPORTS INJURY CLINIC
Sports physiotherapists have a multi-faceted role which includes:
- Assessment of injuries. This requires careful and comprehensive questioning about the current injury. Also, previous injuries will involve a thorough examination of the body.
- Identifying the root cause of the injury. Often the root cause is not where the pain is located. A thorough assessment will identify the factors that have contributed to the injury.
- Development of an individualised treatment plan. This will address all weaknesses and imbalances. We want an athlete to come back stronger from their injury to prevent re-occurrence.
- Improve the strength and mechanics of other parts of the body. This is essential especially if an athlete needs a period of time away from sport during recovery.
- Applying realistic timescales for their return to sport. This is a skill and only comes with experience. Injuries heal at different rates in different people.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This may be the immediate team e.g. coach, team manager, sports doctor, or parent. It may require a referral to the extended team e.g. sports psychologist or dietitian.
- Injury prevention. Identifying all the risk factors for an injury and implementing a plan to address them.
A physiotherapist helps to restore movement and function when you are affected by injury, pain, illness, also disability.
Neurological disease or injury can affect many aspects of a person’s body and life including:
Core Physio Services
Our service is tailored to meet your specific needs from amateur through to professional level. Whether you’re a regular golfer, runner or footballer or you simply visit the gym once or twice a week.